Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Confusion and Wonder for Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow.

Nothing is Real.  Yesterday and Today.

Even though footage from this funny Conan O' Brien sketch


was edited into a clip from the un-aired pilot (1979) of Orson Welles' talk show.


I still think Orson Welles (given an endless leash) would have been a glorious talk show host.  Imagine the guests, the discussions and the grandeur .  The doctored clip made the rounds of the internet a few months ago which of course caused a minor tremor of interest in the show that lasted about a day.   I had visions of something that was part experimental art and the usual yadda-yadda (albeit retro yadda-yadda)  of a typical talk show.

When the Fog of the Edited Unreality of 70s TV was blown away we were left with only the Muppets, Angie Dickinson and Burt Reynolds

I Dig Cleveland, Ohio.  Now and Yesterday.

A couple of months ago, I stopped myself from bidding on a matchbook that came from this wondrous eatery which was once located within a mile and some change from my pad.    Please click on those postcards for a better look at the place.

I had no idea a little bit of exotica was couched in the beer belly of the Rust Belt.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment