Monday, April 18, 2011

I Was Drunk When I Bought This - Part One

There are nights (far too many too mention) when I sip beers with a higher alcohol content than I normally drink (A craft-brewed IPA as apposed to Black Label) and surf the net. There are many who use these drunken-surfing-times to post rude comments on conservative-leaning message boards, search for videos of Asian women playing volleyball in the nude or begin a search for the bully who beat the shit out of you for kicks in 3rd grade.

But not me.


These are the times I spend money on things I never thought I needed or wanted until the moment I added them to my virtual shopping cart. I have a very cumbersome list of wants, but not a one of those objects seems to enter my mind when I'm left alone and just a little bit drunk with a laptop.

It's best to begin at the beginning with this drunken purchase.


An LP of Dylan Thomas Narrating Under Milk Wood.

Dylan Thomas - Narrating Under Milk Wood

This is somehow appropriate, because I was drunk when I bought it and...maybe...Mr. Thomas was drunk when he recorded it.


And I'm drunk as I am Writing this and I lost my train - the train carrying my precious thoughts from Cleveland to where...I forgot...I'm just a little drunk over here. Oh wait! I was talking about the first John Trubee record right?

John Trubee and The Ugly Janitors of America - The Communists Are Coming to Kill Us!

No!? Wait.
That...the...this...
Ho hum.

1 comment:

  1. I need to hear that Dylan Thomas album! Zappa recited a bit of it from memory during a live version of "The Yellow Snow" suite in 1979.

    ReplyDelete