Monday, October 17, 2011

31 Uncanny Bits of Terror for October - Day Seventeen: Hilarious Halloween Horrors - Part 1

The next five days will be dedicated to celluloid moments that are wacky, absurd and tinged with Terror.

Let's begin with two shorts.

 Spook Louder (1943):




The mystery of the pies remains unsolved to this very day.
Photobucket




The Ghost Talks (1949):


The Ghost Talks was later recycled and released (with additional footage that made the ghost in the suit of armor a more aggressive sort of spirit) in 1956 as Creeps. This was a year after Shemp passed away.  The cinematic reanimation of the dead stooge is kinda creepy don't you think?

My children revealed to me a few months ago that they think The Three Stooges episodes with Curly are  generally better than the ones with Shemp.  This hurt a little.  I'm a Shemp man. Heepeepeehepee!

Photobucket

They did agree (after I whined a bit about the greatness of Shemp) that The Ghost Talks is overall one of their all-time favorite episodes.  I supposed that is why we watched it once a week for about three months...

and that was absolutely cool with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment